Login | Register

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Post subject: FATE Trilogy
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:40 am 

:D
I'm surprised this is the first post in this Forum, but probably most people post on the WildTangent FATE Forums.

I'm a Fate fan and own retail versions of all three: FATE, FATE UR, and FATE TS.

:cool:
Suggestion for Fate Mod Manager -- feel free to move this if it's in the wrong forum. Add some resolutions for Wide Screen aspect ratio monitors, e.g. 1280x800. 1280x800 is the native resolution for my laptop LCD screen.

Soulseekker, as a posted in another thread, thanks to you and Heron for all the great work that adds so much to FATE.

Regards,
John

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: FATE Trilogy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:26 pm 
Site Admin

I think I had support for custom resolutions in the Fate Launcher, might be wrong it's been so long since I've worked on that...and unfortunately let the Mod Manager project somewhat die due to things that happened at that time in my life. These forums are pretty well dead, but I'll probably leave them up or some remnant of them up because of the launcher I released.

The forums will buzz I hope once I start my next big project which will be the GD Defiler for Grim Dawn, there will be plenty of traffic then! For now with TQ being so old and me not really being known for anything related to Fate these forums will probably always be dead. ;)

Soul

Maker of the Defiler and Portable. Get more information here!

"I hate it when people quote themselves in their signatures." - Me

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:30 pm 

You have recently received a comment/message from an acquaintance of mine; a person named 'Spock'.
I have been trying to use your 'Fate Launcher' to try to make FATE a bit better to play on my Laptop. I am retired military, and I was also a computer programmer, until several strokes rendered me unable to program any longer. After many years of trying, I have been able to relearn some basic (easy) programming.
I play FATE for several reasons, mainly because I enjoy it; secondarily, because, while I am no longer home-bound, I still spend a lot of my day stuck in a recliner. It help distract me from my disabilities.

I have tried to get your 'Launcher' to accept my laptops native resolution of 1600x900 pixels. I managed to figure out how to change FATE's config.dat to allow my to force that to happen as long as I don't try to adjust it in their Options page.
I can't get your Launcher to start any of the games (I own a copy of all four of them)... Yet! I'll keep trying.
Do you remember where the 'ScreenShot' folder should be placed, according to FATE Launcher?

I'm going to keep pushing myself to improve my abilities. Thanks, in advance, for any assitance you can give me. Have a great day!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:08 am 

SoulSeekkor wrote:
I think I had support for custom resolutions in the Fate Launcher, might be wrong it's been so long since I've worked on that...and unfortunately let the Mod Manager project somewhat die due to things that happened at that time in my life.

I recently had reason to install and use your Fate Launcher and it does indeed have custom resolutions available. Unfortunately, the first one I tried caused a blank screen for me! :(

Somehow I managed to get the game back to a standard resolution (I think all I had to do was re-run the Fate Launcher and select a different resolution) but it was a bit disconcerting.

You mention "Mod Manager" but that project was basically hard coded for the original Fate v1.21 only ... unless you actually meant your Fate Launcher.

SoulSeekkor wrote:
These forums are pretty well dead, but I'll probably leave them up or some remnant of them up because of the launcher I released.

The forums will buzz I hope once I start my next big project which will be the GD Defiler for Grim Dawn, there will be plenty of traffic then! For now with TQ being so old and me not really being known for anything related to Fate these forums will probably always be dead. ;)

Soul

You don't need to tell me about "dead" forums. I have joined many forums over the years and most all die eventually unless there is a constant reason for new members to join. Usually that means they need to garner a very large initial population of registered members but that also has its problems. I was Moderator on one forum for a website editor which started out great, The only problem was that the author and website owner never bothered to make an appearance and we were inundated with Spammers. I eventually stopped even going to the site as it was just too depressing. :(

Offline Profile