Login | Register

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:44 am

Post subject: OCX/DLL File is Missing Error and Solution
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

Your best option when having this problem is to download the latest Defiler.NET, this thread only applies to the now obsolete and unsupported Defiler 3.4.5!

hey guys , for the people who wanna an old version from the perfect program TQ Defiler and getting error about " TABCTL32.OCX " when tryin running older version from the program , just do the following

1-RUN " CMD " for command line and type the following :

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\TQ-Defiler ( that's an example , you need to change the directory to which directory you got Defiler in )

then type

regsvr32 /u /s TABCTL32.OCX
regsvr32 /u /s MSINET.OCX
regsvr32 /u /s comctl32.ocx

Pasted from a post by S N A K E on the titanquest.net forums.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Usermode UAC Mod bypass
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:41 pm 

I used this method to keep UAC active on my Vista PC, AND run Defiler in user mode, AND was able to actually USE the mods without errors; and yes i only tested a few mods in-game to insure they worked, but the few i tested worked fine.

NOTE: you must have access to administrator privaleges for this to work!!!

Go to the game directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Titan Quest for Titan Quest

C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne for Immortal Throne

(these directories are from a pc running Windows Vista x64 Home Premium)

Now run a search for all the "*.dll"s, or simply sort by file type.

Right click each .dll in the game folder and select properties. Select the Security Tab. You should see a dialog of "Group or user names:" underneath which is "To change permissions, click Edit." to the right of which is a button labeled "Edit...".
When you click this button, the system should prompt you with an administrative permission request to continue. Continue and another properties window will appear, this time with only one tab: Security. It looks very similar to the previous window which should still be visible if inaccessible. In the dialog "Group or user names:" of the new window, select the "Users(*your computer's name*\Users) group. When you do so, the "Permissions for Users" dialog at the bottom of the window should show that only Read & execute, and Read are allowed. Check Allow for the "Full Control" option. Now Click "ok", and the newest window will disappear, taking you back to the first properies window. Click "ok" again.
Repeat this process for all the .dll's found in the game directory (sorry I don't know which .dll's the Defiler attempts to modify, but i changed the permissions for all of the .dll's for both TQ & TQIT after which the mods I tested worked just fine!)
Hope this helps, and possibly provides some development clarification?

-Stephen Baugh

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: OCX/DLL File is Missing Error and Solution
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome! Thank you for the directions and insight! It gives me some ideas to look into, hopefully Windows 7 won't be so picky about things like that (one can hope). It provides a nice alternative to the run with administrator privileges all the time option. :)

FYI, the DLL files used are:

Depending on which game and the version of the game these may also be modified by mods:
Titan Quest.exe
Titan QuestD.exe

Thanks again!

Defiler.NET 1.3.9 has been released!

Maker of the Defiler and Portable. Get more information here!

"I hate it when people quote themselves in their signatures." - Me

Offline Profile