Login | Register

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Post subject: My Caravan/Shared Storage Disappeared!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

Unlike Titan Quest where the game performed a check on the character to make sure it wasn't modified, Immortal Throne performs a similar check on the character's caravan as well as the shared storage space. They removed the character check but replaced it with something nastier, because if this caravan's check does not match the game wipes the file out completely. If this happens to you because you copied your files from another computer (or reformatted and have a different Windows username or operating system now) and STILL have a backup from BEFORE you copied and ran the game then follow these steps:

1)Copy the original characters and their caravans back to the computer again, if you only wish to copy an inviduals caravan then copy the winsys.dxb and winsys.dxg files located under that character's folder to the target computer. Shared storage is at the same level as the "Main" and "User" folders, directly under the "SaveData" folder and is named "Sys".
2)After copying these files and BEFORE running the game (which will wipe those out if you open a character). Load the Defiler.NET and click the "Fix All Caravan Files" button located on the main screen. This will cycle through all your characters and shared storage, fix the paths within the files and recalculate the CRC checks.
3)After that you should be good to go!

Soul

Maker of the Defiler and Portable. Get more information here!

"I hate it when people quote themselves in their signatures." - Me

Offline Profile